When it comes to gemstone jewellery, it’s important to take care and precautions to ensure its longevity. Here are some tips to keep your jewellery looking great for years to come:
– Remove your jewellery before doing any housework or manual labour. Household cleaners and hard labour can be harsh on your gems, causing permanent damage.
– Take off your jewellery before swimming or showering. Chlorine, soaps, and water can wear down your gemstones and settings, leading to damage over time.
– Avoid sleeping in your jewellery. Tossing and turning in your sleep can cause excess strain on your jewellery, which can result in it becoming loose or even breaking.
– Only put on your jewellery after your perfume and/or hair care products have dried. These products can cause a breakdown of the stones and affect the overall appearance of your jewellery.
– Store your jewellery in a dark place, out of direct sunlight, in a pouch, ziplock bag, or jewellery box. Sunlight can cause fading of some stones, and the humidity in the air can cause the tarnishing of silver.
By following these simple steps, you can enjoy your gemstone jewellery for years to come!
If you own silver jewellery, you must be aware that it can tarnish quite easily and leave your precious pieces looking black and dirty. To keep your silver shiny, you can take a gentle approach and polish it with a jewellery cloth.
Alternatively, you can opt for the standard silver polish to restore your silver’s natural shine. On the other hand, copper is likely to develop a distinctive patina, which is a natural by-product and not a defect. If you don’t like the patina effect, you can use standard copper polish to clean your copper goods.
When cleaning my gemstones, I always remember to take care and use gentle methods. I avoid using polishes and tarnish removers as they can cause my gems to become dull and fade. Instead, I opt for a soft silver cloth to wipe over all my gemstones. I know that some gemstones are more sensitive to getting wet than others, so I always keep them dry as much as possible. It is important to protect my precious gems so they can sparkle and shine for years to come.