Basic Guidelines for different Necklace lengths in Cm’s & Inches.
Buying with the Choice of Jewellery Lengths:
This page is to show you how to measure for your handmade Jewellery orders this can assist you with the right Necklace lengths, measure for your gorgeous bracelets, stunning silver bangles or an eye-catching ring, even Earrings can be made in the length you require.
When ordering a custom order you will have Jewellery handmade and designed to fit you perfectly. You will see a variety of Jewellery sizes on this page so, choose your ideal size and order your commission Jewellery pieces for your bracelets, necklaces or a ring. Please take note of the advice on how to measure for your jewellery pieces.
For your rings, bracelets or bangles, request a ring or a bracelet sizer, this will be sent to you when you have bought your custom order.
Please make sure you give me the correct size, make sure it is 100% correct for you or for the person you are buying for as I cannot be liable for the wrong size you provide me.
One Tip: Please remember if buying a necklace or pendant necklace, consider the person’s height, their dress size small to large, the length and style of their hair because this can affect the length of the necklace you need to buy.
These features are essential when buying a necklace as a gift.
Consider wearing a longer necklace length to accent your height to look taller, if a person is a bigger dress size then you may need to buy a longer Necklace length so, it will be more comfortable and sit nicely around the neck for her to wear. Make sure to check first then order your custom order.
When you’re ordering a Bespoke handmade design, please include the correct size for your Jewellery Piece, most of the Necklaces in the shop are handmade with the length of 18 inches, this sits just above the chest also known as the Princess Length this accommodates most sizes and styles. When placing your order for any piece of jewellery style, please leave me your contact details so, I can talk you, we can then have a chat on the phone or, we can correspond by email to decide on the design of the piece you want handmade. Below you will see a variety of necklace Lengths, which length is best for you. Please contact me if you need a different length or size.
- The Collar length: – 14 inches – 36cm. Also known as the collier or collar Length: This fits around the base of the neck.
- The Choker length: – 16 inches – 40cm. This is good for Choker styles and rests on the collarbone.
- The Princess Length: – 18 inches – 45 cm. This is one of the most popular lengths. The princess length is well suited to the crew and high necklines but can add a frame to a plunging neckline. This is the length mainly used within my designs.
- The Matinee Length: – 20, 22, 24 inches – 50, 55, 60cm. Unlimited lengths look great with casual or business wear, be it a sweater, a casual t-shirt or the classic white blouse. Also a good length for a larger lady.
- The Opera-length: – 30inch – 76cm. It offers various attractive choices, it can be worn as a single strand with high necklines or doubled around the neck to create a fashionable two-strand choker
- The Rope Length: – 36 inches – 91cm. This is the preferred length from the neckline by the French haute-couture designer Coco Chanel. It’s the longest necklace length you can buy but very adaptable in how and where around the neck it can be worn.
- If you require any of these lengths, Please Contact Me.
Small: the U.K sizes 10 to 14. Medium: sizes 16 to 18. Large: sizes 20 to 24 or more.
Basic Guidelines for Bracelet Sizes in Inches.
Tip: Do you like to wear a tighter snug fit or looser bracelet fit? This can vary between each individual and is a personal preference. Most bracelets should fit comfortably around your wrist, except when you are buying bangles because bangles have to go over the hand first to go onto your wrist. I suggest that you arrange a custom order for the ideal fit for your wrist so, it doesn’t seem like you are smothering your wrist. If it helps you, Please Ask for a Bracelet Sizer to be emailed to you.
Measuring Your Wrist For a Bracelet Style: You may need a friend to help to take your measurements, so you can order a bracelet to fit you perfectly.
1. Measure your wrist with a flexible tape measurement or a strip of paper just below the wrist bone where you would normally wear the bracelet.
2. If you are using a plain strip of paper, mark your size with a pen or pencil then use a ruler to measure the paper length. That will be your wrist size.
3. To find your bracelet size, refer to the appropriate measurements in the bracelet chart below.
Measuring Your Wrist For a Bangle:
- Close your fingers together and bring your thumb to your little finger (as pictured). Pretend that you were putting on a bangle.
- Using a strip of paper or tape measurements, wrap it around your hand at the widest point. If you are using a plain strip of paper, mark your size with a pen on that paper and then measure the paper strip with a ruler. That will be the circumference of your hand.
- Compare your hand circumference to the chart below. Purchase a bangle with diameter that is the next size up from your actual hand measurement.
- Refer to the appropriate measurements in the bangle/bracelet chart below.
When measuring your wrist add the extra inches shown below for this type of bracelet length: –
• For a Snug Fit: – add ¼ to ½ inches extra.
• For a Comfort-Fit: – add ¾ to 1 inch extra.
• For a Loose Fit: – add 1 ¼ inch extra.
Basic Ring Sizes.
Tip’s: – It is most helpful to take your ring size by following:
- Allow enough room to accommodate your knuckle, especially if you have arthritis where the knuckles swell up.
- Bear in mind, different fingers on your right hand to the opposite hand may have different sizes. Therefore, measure the specific finger on the hand which you are planning to wear the ring.
- Measure your finger at the end of the day when your fingers are likely to be the largest.
- You can request a ring sizer for us to handmake your ring for your perfect finger size.